I am way super excited because MusicMovingForward nominated me for a Sunshine Award! It just goes to show even a newb-tube like this counselor lady can make a tiny ruckus. Seriously though, I really appreciate the recognition Miss Music, it is awesome encouragement to keep on trucking with this here interwebs site.
SO, as I understand, I have to say ten things about me that others might not know, and then link to ten other blogs that interest and inspire. SO, here goes with ten new (albeit probably boring) things about me:
1. I have a puppy who is both the best dog in the world and biggest jerk ever. I love her, and she is intriguingly hyperactive at all of the right and wrong times.
2. I love Spring and gardening, both inside and out of the house. I have been obsessed with succulents for the past few years, and love working in my yard, even if my plants suffer for it.
3. I have wanted to be a School Counselor on and off since High School. There may have been other loves in between, but I always went back to that dream.
4. My mamma raised me to smile and greet people- it is still crazy to me that people are really taken back by these simple things! You can walk around smiling, or walk around frowning- either way you’re going to be walking around!
5. I like to get my craft on every chance I get.
6. I like an orderly and professional school- I feel like this type of environment show a kid a reflection of expectations, and a promise that the staff believes they are capable behaving accordingly.
7. I loves me a good Parent/Teacher Conference. It is the best way to get all parties together and get on the same page- and quicker than e-mail threads. I try to keep it sweet even if the air is stiff- often defensiveness dissipates when I earn the trust of the others involved.
8. One of my favorite things to do is take pictures. My Olympus Pen is my bestie.
9. I am obsessed with Pinterest, and not ashamed of how much time I spend on there because it is so amazing.
10. One of my biggest fears is that I will get bitter- at work, home, and in life.
Whew! That was slightly more difficult than I thought it would be!!! OK, now here is a countdown of some of my favesy blogs, in no particular order. I know they may not all be able to participate, but I hope they feel the love!